When was FIEO established?
The federation of Indian Export Organization is an apex body of various export promotion organizations and institutions. It was established in 1965 with its registered office in Delhi.
FIEO provides a common and coordinating platform for various export organizations including the commodity Councils and Boards and the service institutions and organizations.
Major activities of FIEO
The principal activities undertaken by FIEO are enumerated below:
1. Convening meetings conferences, seminars and workshops to review, discuss the problems and prospects of India’s exports. It formulates recommendations to the Government and authorize. All the exporting community and export promotion institutions in India are given due representation in the deliberations of the meeting and seminars.
2. FIEO arranges round table conferences of business interests with trade missions and other business teams visiting India.
3. Inviting Economic and Trade Missions abroad for a tour of industrial and commercial centres in India.
4. Arranging media, exhibitions, advertisements and publications to exhibit Indian goods and services in overseas markets.
5. FIEO Sponsors trade and economic missions, export houses, consultancy firms and study cum sales teams.
6. Maintaining liaison with international agencies like International Trade Centre (ITC), World Trade Organization (WTO), United Nations Conference on Trade and Development UNCTAD, Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank, International Labour organization (ILO), etc.
8. FIEO Sponsors special projects related to the export promotion of India’s consultancy services.
9. FIEO serves as a forum for two way transmission of views between the government departments and the exporting community.
10. Promoting trade, economic and technical cooperation between India and other countries through international seminars.