Advantages of Office Systems and Routine
Many advantages are available to an organization by using good office systems and routine very effectively. They are listed below.
1. Smooth Flow of Work: All kinds of delays and bottlenecks are to be minimized in an office and ensure smooth performance of work.
2. Objective Decision-making: Problem of a department is realized from the viewpoint of the entire office. Then. the management is going to take a decision for solving such problems. Hence, an objective decision can be taken by the management.
3. Uniformity: Office system avoids the duplication of performance of work. It ensures uniformity for performing similar work throughout the office.
4. Economy: Systems and routines help to reduce costs of office work by eliminating unnecessary operations. duplication of efforts and wastage. Simplified forms are used and avoid unnecessary forms also. Systems can save direct labor as well as overhead expenditure.
5. Helping Training Personnel: Generally, new staff members are getting training. Here, systems and routines help in training new staff members in the efficient performance of their work without supervisors.
6. Relives Management from Routine Work: Management executives are expected to take decision relating to each and every routine work. Office system freed the management executives to take decision on routine work. Thus, management can concentrate on decision making with regard to complicated problems.
7. Better Control: Standards are fixed under office system and routine for each work. Management can evaluate current results against per-determined standards and takes corrective action with the help of systems and routines.
8. Responsibility is fixed: Responsibility can also be easily fixed for each employee for each job under office system and routines.
9. Minimizes Faulty Decision – making: Management has taken decision by keeping in view of its impact on the other departments or sections. So, the chances of faulty or hasty decisions become minimal.
10. Co-ordination: Office system and routine integrate conflicting interests of functional departments into an over all pattern.
11. Better Performance: Office personnel can perform their jobs independently and with confidence through system and routine.
12. Help Standardization: Standard forms, equipment and methods are followed under system and routine. Each time, similar operations are followed in the same order or sequence for the completion of similar jobs.
13. Focus on End Results: Well designed systems and routines focus attention on final results like cost reduction, profits, customer satisfaction and the like.
14. Minimizes Faults and Errors: Any fault and error in the performance of any work is quickly find out and detected in an office where well designed systems are adopted. In this way, more error and fault are avoided and there is no impact on other works performed in an office.